Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Get Your Practice On

The Newshounds will conduct its first practice this Saturday from noon-1:30 p.m. this Saturday at Reservoir Park, weather permitting.

(Click here to see a map of the area; the park is on Cantrell Road just west of Trio's.)

Team members are urged to bring gloves and any bats and men's softballs they might have. Click here to e-mail me about whether you can attend.

Also, bring your will to annihilate the competition. That helps, too.

Update: A note about practice field conditions from our stand-in league commissioner Tom Jones (no joke):

If some of you don't know, you soon will. What I mean is that Reservoir is in sad shape. More like there is now 2 home plates, and a huge hole in the ground by 2nd base. So those of you that have the field reserved to practice on this weekend, and my team is one of them, watch out. So with that said, this is what I've done for you and been told would happen
for you. I spoke with "Bubba McCord today about the problems. He first assured me that the field will be perfect for opening week!! Then I let him know about the problems, and he said if the sun is able to dry the field out it will be fixed by this weekend. So please be careful it the field isn't fixed yet. I'm going to take my 4 wheeler out there Sunday and try and work on the field before we use it. So it should get some kind of help over the weekend weather permitting.
Hip waders, bring 'em if you got 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home